Monday, August 30, 2010

No peaceful poops in parenthood

So,Manly Monday is going to take a perverse turn down "disgusting street" on only its second week in circulation but I feel like sharing this, its partly my blog so here goes... like most other men, given the time and privacy in the restroom, I come up with most of my amazing ideas, I could resolve world peace, cure cancer, pick the winning lotto numbers, solve world hunger and many more things. But as I said, I need time, peacefulness and privacy. And those were things I gave up when becoming a parent.

Now, dont get me wrong I love my kids, and if you have spent any time around them, you know why. But, I find myself from time to time sneaking into the bathroom shutting the door and hoping for peace, a good read of a "People" magazine, or some other random read that I have more than likely read a half dozen times.

If you dont have kids then this is probably making your face go ewwww, if you do have kids then you are probably doing the same thing just laughing while going ewwwww.

I have always had some weird twisted idea to have a heated toilet seat. Winter, cold.... you know where I am going with this. But today I found out that my 2 daughters had a much better idea. Large and Medium found out that the training potty is the perfect height to use as a step stool to climb onto the changing table in Mediums room. Holly heard the 2 girls laughing in the room. Now I was not there as I was outa town on work but can only imagine Holly walking into the room only to see Large and Medium sitting on the top of the changing table laughing with some "I didnt do it" look on their faces.

Now lets look at the bright side of what could have been a disaster. At least they were finally working together on one end goal, and reached it. They used their heads and came up with a brilliant idea. Bad side..... WTF were they thinking, really.... climbing onto a changing table using a training potty... HA.. I couldnt even write that without laughing.....

2 comments:

  1. They were both sitting with their legs swinging over the edge giggling like , "hey no biggie...we're not together WAY too heavy for this thing." Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry dear Brother in law, the Japanese invented the heated toilet seat years ago! It was gross actually. It felt like sitting down right after someone else warmed it up. ewwwwww. Yer SIL, Lisa

    ReplyDelete