Friday, August 27, 2010

Otters Anonymous

Oh Dear Readers, (all 3 of you--ha ha just kidding!)
I have missed you so! Sorry I have been a little absent this week, I've out getting a job!!!! YAY!!!! And of course you know how the penguins like to keep it crazy around here. I am working on a cup of half-caf now so there could be LOTS of random thoughts today. I'm still nursing Small and he prefers his milk decaf, so we are livin' on the edge today, folks. What there won't be today is the underlying sense of guilt that I usually have over taking time from my daily do's to write. I did a little experiment yesterday, I tried not taking a break.

Now I am a break-taker. I like to play and relax and I always brought home U's in the 'uses time wisely' section of my report card. Holla if you feel me!!! This did not seem to affect my work performance on the job (especially as I got older) but at school and on the home front I have always struggled with completing my tasks in a timely manner. When I got married Lin and I had to take a personality test in our pre-marital counseling. I am an Otter with a little bit of Lion thrown in. You can check out Gary Smalley's personality types here . Oh yaaay I think I did it! Somebody please call me if the link does not work.....I need a blog tutor. Anyway so the bossy Otter likes to play and have fun as long as it's done my way! Ha ha I am sure Lin is agreeing and laughing as he reads this.

The point is, not taking a break did not work for me. By 7pm I was such a grouch! So I AM going to be more organized and use my time more carefully but I am also going to have a 'lunch hour' and take a break to do whatever I want. And what I love to do is blog! Or read or sleep or watch TV.....anything that's not to chore-ish! :-) So I don't have to say, "Oh I should be doing blah blah blah.." . Oooohh it feels so freeing to say, "I'm gonna blog on my lunch hour today" or "I have 10 minutes left on my lunch break" . It must seem lame to some of you that I am having some revelation about allowing myself a lunch break. I have always taken breaks; this is more about setting limits for a person who is prone to play and not feeling guilty about taking an hour to recharge during the day.

Well, now that I have droned on about that for so long....I guess I better do freaky friday tomorrow and change the title of this post. Back to work for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment