Monday, July 12, 2010

A Shout Out to my Friend!!

Last night one of our close friends was ordained. It was very exciting for us because he is very special to Lin and me. It was also exciting because there was no nursery for the penguins. Small was fine, off with one of his (many) girlfriends. You would think that 4 adults could manage Large and Medium for an hour but have you met these penguins? Large had been camping and was far too tired to behave properly. Besides she has entered this "I only want/love/will accept help from my Dad" stage. Awesome. And we forgot to bring duct tape for Medium's mouth..... maybe next time. Anyway, the service was wonderful and moving and I just wanted to take a minute to tell the world how proud I am of Dennis. First off you know he's a smarty because he picked one of the awesomest wives around, one of my best friends, Brenda. Dennis is the kind of friend who will have a sleepover with your baby so you can have 9 straight hours of sleep! Whoa. All the girls just swooned. He will repair your side view mirror when an orange barrel jumps out of nowhere and takes it off. He'll help you find work if you need extra cash. He could probably teach you how to hit a golf ball or a softball (just don't ask him to run the bases!). He'll make sure your husband doesn't forget that he's ugly. He's the sort of friend you can tease mercilessly and he knows it's only cause you love him. But the one thing he did for me that I will be FOREVER grateful for is save my marriage. Lin and I are in a great place now but we have had to overcome alot of struggles in our short time together. I can say for sure that we would not be together and happy today if not for Dennis. God put him in our lives I am 100% sure of that and I am so thankful that He did. I love his honesty and encouragement. Every time we have needed him he has been right there to help us. Thanks Big D, we love ya!

If you'd like to experience Dennis for yourself come (as you are) to the Westchester Commons Regal Cinema at 9:30 any Sunday morning. It's FREE and also includes: awesome music, great friends, super strong coffee, and an incredible message.

No comments:

Post a Comment