Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What a Mighty Good Man!

Now who has a song running thru their head? Whatta man/whatta man/whatta man/ whatta mighty good man. Salt-N-Pepa?? Anyone? I KNOW my sister will remember because I am pretty sure I got the smack-down or at least a dirty look for 'borrowing' her tape. It could've been a different tape or a shirt or her tennis racket ;) ....who really remembers! Anyway, Lin's birthday is tomorrow and I have about 10 minutes to write a love letter. How about if I just name off all the things I love about him until I have to go, okay? You can stop reading now if you think you might puke.



Things I love about Lin: He is handsome, soooo funny, very loving and thoughtful.
He is the life of the party and the butt of the joke.
He supports all 5 of us almost completely on his income alone. That might seem like a weird compliment but in these times it's pretty amazing.

Or how about if I run out of time and wait 5 days to get back to my love letter....sweet. It is now actually Tue but I still love Lin and I would still like to share with you some of the reasons why.

Things I love about Lin part 2: He always picks out movies that I love, even when I am convinced I will not like it. When I pick movies....you might as well leave when your popcorn runs out because I always pick the wrong grocery line and the worst movies.
He loves to straighten up the house. We have already talked about this, Ladies. If you drool on your keyboard it will no longer work.
Lin wants more for us. Sometimes I act like that's a flaw but in reality he is the one who motivates this family. Whether it's a bigger house, or improvements in our marriage, or a church that more closely matches our needs, or even better behavior for our sweet sweet penguins, these are all things that he makes a priority in our family. If it were all left up to me we'd be much more stagnant.
I am impressed that he is so self-aware and willing to make changes in himself. That's really amazing.
I love that he is so athletic and outdoorsy. I would be aggravated if I constantly had to drag him off the couch to go outside. He likes to do stuff and so do I.....it might not always be the same stuff but that's no biggie.
He is an incredible father to our children, they are totally in love with him. It shows every time he comes home from work, they all three run (or crawl) to the door screaming, "DAAAADDY!!"

Did I mention that he is funny and hard-working and adorable? And completely wonderful to me? Well he is! I LOVE you to the moon and back, Honey!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment