Friday, May 6, 2011

Happenings at the House

I wonder what's going on at the Animal House? I thought you'd never ask! :D




It's Friday. Sleepover day. We loooove sleepover day here. Sometimes I love it so much I feel guilty, that's real love. Today the penguins and I were in the van headed to meet my Mom (let's call her QUEEN of the sleepover!) and all three were quiet little angels patiently waiting to make it to P-town.....




Guess again people, Large and Medium were screaming at each other. Well let's be clear Medium makes any kind of noise and Large barks, 'Stop that!' or 'Don't do that!' so Medium makes said noise over and over again as loud as she can until poor Large is so angry she practically has a seizure. And Small? He just likes to chime in and be heard, he has no idea why they're angry. He just thinks hollering is fun. Or he's trying to get the attention of some other girl. Shameless. So lets just say it was REALLY loud in my car. This might get to some people (ahem, Lin!) but not me. I was cool as a cucumber. My dear SIL can attest to this, she was trying to talk to me. HA! There are probably plenty of 'good' parenting strategies I could use to combat this behavior. That's for sissys. I like to turn up the radio, or put on 'kid' music. Why not, who couldn't use a little more noise and chaos? I did remind them to use their inside voices which worked out great for about 3/4 of a mile. As soon as there is quiet for 3 seconds Small can't stand it, he has to yell. And Medium has to answer him! Precious. Today I just floated over to my happy place and thought, 'Aaaahhhhh, 6 more miles until SLEEPOVER! Sweet!'. I know the day will come all too soon that I will miss those obnoxious, deafening, nerve-smashing noises. For now, perhaps I should ask for some high quality ear plugs for Mother's Day.




And speaking of Mother's Day......

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MOM!!! I love you so much!!! We have a very fun tradition of going to the Museum District Home Tour every year. I love spending time with my Mom that does not involve 'changing of the guard' (or changing of the diaper!) and I can't wait until my girls are old enough to join us. Well, actually I can wait until they are old enough to join us, I am currently working on a plot to actually freeze the penguins at these exact ages (perhaps I'll freeze Medium AFTER she's potty-trained!). They are so cute and squeezable even if they are exceptionally loud on a car ride.




No comments:

Post a Comment