Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hair Products and Head Injuries

Two blog posts in one week?!?! Do What??? Who is excited now? I know I am. I had a story I wanted to tell but I could not tell it unless I wrote my Small Man a burfday letter first. Anyway, it's not THAT funny.

In case you didn't already know, my husband is adorable and funny and super tall. We are thinking of relocating the Animal House, so he has been doing a few projects around the house. One of them is updating our master bathroom including hanging a new caddy in our shower. He does all of the 'hanging' at our house (which I very much appreciate because I don't want to). If you ever visit the Animal House you will notice everything is hung unusually high. All the pictures, clocks, etc reside at his eye level. He's 6'3". His eyes are way above the rest of ours. I try not to complain about it but it does make me giggle. Anyway so I'm in the shower enjoying my new fancy shower head and I go to reach for the shampoo. I'm 5'9"...I mean I'm no shorty here but I can barely reach it! I almost pull the whole thing off the wall trying to get my conditioner. And in an effort to reach my face wash I knocked over the shampoo and conditioner which then fell ON my head. I am thinking to myself 'What is wrong with this thing? Why did Lin even buy a stupid new shower caddy? I liked the old one! Why is my stuff up so high that I can't reach it?'. So I take a step back and I realize there is nothing wrong with this caddy. It is hung up really high. I mean really super high. Why would anyone hang the shower caddy so high that nobody can reach stuff? Is Lin reaching up for his soap too? Are there NBA players moving in here that I don't know about? Did he catch the penguins trying eat my shampoo so he's childproofing? When I find out the answers to these pressing questions you will be the first to know. In the mean time let's hope my shampoo does not give me a concussion.

3 comments:

  1. Is there any chance that there's a bottom opening that you are supposed to use to get the stuff out? Maybe Lin likes you a little on the gruff side...better tell him if he doesn't fix it soon, you'll be more than a "little" gruff ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, thank you for the awesome belly laugh this afternoon! You are so wonderful. Lin cracks me up hanging stuff so high! Also, love your letter to your son. super sweet and funny. What a good mama you are. Your example is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Anna! How sweet!
    ~ Holly

    ReplyDelete