Monday, November 29, 2010

Clark W. Griswold

Ok. so if you know me at all you will know that I am a nut when it comes to Christmas. From the music... and not that ol stuff they play on lite 98.... no no no, the good stuff from Frank, Dean, Sammy, Harry, THAT stuff... good Christmas music. I tend to play Christmas music all month long. I love the parties, the socializing, the presents and play Christmas movies all month long, usually it is National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. Sadly I know every line in the movie.... ok well the good lines, from either Clark, or Cousin Eddie. And I promise you... Holly, no matter what she says... LOVES IT. And lastly, if you were to drive by my house anytime between know and the first of the year you will see my house lit up like a redneck Vegas on crack. I take pride in how tacky, redneck and undone my house looks for this one month of the year. Each year my family will chip in and buy some new fixture for my house or yard. This year however I have gone and changed it up... I have made my new fixture. I would suggest you ride by and check it out, that is the only way you will get the full effect.


However Christmas is not just for awesome music, lights, eggnog, presents and the drunk uncle at every party. There is so much more to it. Lets be honest, between family, friends, and GOD, we have so much to be thankful for. Whether you are sitting high atop Church Hill in your million dollar mansion or you are sitting low in a bench in a park on a cold night, you have GOD, and what more could you want. I know that is so easy for me to say sitting in my warm house, with 3 wonderful kids and a GORGEOUS (brownie points) wife, but no matter where you are or your circumstances, there is God. And no matter how big the present, how much you drink or how loud you get. THAT is what you need to be thankful for, for without him, we would not have the lights, the music, the eggnog, the drunkel (adj. meaning drunk uncle), or a warm home to sit in with watching that famous, awe inspiring National Lampoons Christmas Vacation Movie.




Enjoy the movie clip and photos from my house......







































































1 comment:

  1. I am very impressed by your ever-growing display of lights and holiday spirit. You almost inspire me to deck my own halls but I'm not sure I could keep up with you. Maybe I'll just come stare at yours for a while.

    Also, no one believes for a second that you don't love Lite 98. I've heard you on the Delilah show at least three times.

    ReplyDelete