Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Better Late Than Never

Is it sad that I feel the need to start every post with "Oh how I have missed you, blog; or Oh how I have missed you dear readers!" ? Why yes it is sad, but here I am! There are a couple of reasons for my long absence.
1. The neighbor that I was 'borrowing' internet from finally wised up and blocked me (actually I believe it is broken or turned off or in transition...). I was tempted to ask him about it when we went by to trick-or-treat with the penguins the other night. But I thought it seemed tacky to say, 'Hey-can we have some candy AND some internet???' Maybe next year.
2. My new (and lovely) job cuts into the amount of time I get to spend lounging around with my cup of coffee strolling all over cyber-space while the penguins play 'tornado' (I named that game according to how my house looks when they are done) or 'give small a bath' or 'tea party'.

It actually works out pretty well since I have no connection at home (for now) anyway. Lin is pleased since it gives me more time to finish the laundry. Ha ha ha ha ha, I just wanted to make my baby laugh, y'all! I had to swim out of the ocean of laundry just to get to work this morning. :-) I know what you are all thinking, ooohh new job? Where is she working? I was lucky enough to land a nanny position for a sweet family with a 10yo and an almost 15yo. It is mostly taxi driving and homework help which is a very nice break since I change 12-15 diapers/pull-ups on an average day. We are SO lucky that our family covers most of our child-care and some days they nap while I am gone all 3 hours. That makes me feel like I am not missing too much. I still struggle, though. Am I doing the right thing? Am I letting them have the chance to bond with someone besides me or abandoning my poor sweet penguins? Well the bill collectors are very happy....so that's good news!

What else is happening around the Animal House? The usual fall stuff: apple festival at graves mountain, trick or treating, Lin and I had a fun little get-away to Lake Anna, Small is sitting up by himself but not crawling ...yet, he is drooling constantly (there is nothing I love more than a bib shaped wet spot on the shirt of a sweet, fat baby), Medium LOVES preschool, Large....well not so much! She is a little resistant to school, to my job, to going to bed, to sharing, to pretty much anything that wasn't her idea or doesn't involve candy. If I was super organized I would throw in some cute fall pictures here- so sorry, I am not! But I do love you dear readers and I'll be back....someday! :-)

1 comment: