Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunny Sunday!

Oh Dear Blog, how I have missed you!!!! I am just bursting at the seams with stuff to say. Do you ever have that feeling, when there is so much to say you can't organize it into one small space/email/letter/conversation? That happens to me alot I guess I'll start with a run-down of what is happening here at the Animal House. And how 'bout I won't talk about poop, deal?

1. God is working here in our house. I am so excited that Lin and I are open and letting Him live with us and move in us and be present to guide us as we make decisions for this family. We are two very blessed and lucky people.

2. Large and Medium are starting pre-school this week! They seem thrilled, I am pretty sure I'm thrilled.... ask me next week. And would you like to buy some cookie dough (yes I am on the cookie dough fundraising committee!)?? It's super yummy and it made my Thanksgiving and Christmas baking and taking so easy last year. :-)

3. Have I mentioned how much I love my awesome organizer husband? Wipe the drool off the keyboard ladies, while we were down 2 penguins last night our idea of a hot date was getting rid of an entire trash can (the end-of-the-driveway-size!) full of clutter from our bedroom and playroom. Awesome.
We briefly considered tossing out the remaining penguin but he would not fit in the can! JUST KIDDING!!!!! We love those babies more than life itself!

4. Large gave up her 'buddies' last Friday. *gasp* If you know us- did you think we were ever gonna make her do that? If you don't know us- 'buddies' are penguin code for pacifiers. And Large is like 12....just teasing she's 4 but still!

5. Someday I will start a 'parenting advice' tab on this blog. Sure take advice from the lady who let her kid sleep with pacifiers until she was 4 and jokes about throwing out her baby!!! :-D Maybe a parents 'sharing corner' would be better.

6. Mamma got a new cell phone! It's fancy (for me). Double *gasp* ! Now some of y'all know my old cell phone was a Din-O-Saur. It was outdated when I bought it 3 years ago. And I am not really a technology kind of girl. However I did lose all my contacts...so call me, k?

7. My new job is awesome, the first week went really well. And God- You were right!! I am so thankful! (Don't act like God doesn't read my blog....snap!) ;-)

8. To go with her new cell phone Mamma got a wrist guard to help with the carpal tunnel. So it's like living with a 70 yo woman crazed from no sleep with a fancy new cell phone. YAY for Lin!!!!

9. Medium is obsessed with Silly Bandz....it's funny and cute and it feels too grown up.

10. I made crab dip last night to celebrate our clean-out. It was De-Lish. I totally <3 crab dip. So glad to be back! I'll try to keep up better since I am getting used to my new work/pre-school schedule. Love you Readers!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Holly, I was so happy to see you during our "escapes" to the grocery store! Hope you enjoyed the crab dip, it made me want some too. I love the way you parent your kids! I thought that Lohryn would quite possibly have her Binky in her wedding bouquet! Every time I brought home a new baby, she would take up the habit again...she finally broke herself,but I won't tell you how old she was in case she reads this! I STILL have the plastic to it in her box of special things..I cut the nipple off trying to make it unappealing to her, but she just carried around the base...She's a teacher today, so guess it didn't scare her too bad! Love reading your posts! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe medium is going to preschool!!! I hope that the little one loves it as much as large did!:)

    ReplyDelete