Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ode to Joy

Oh yes friends, we are going to be AWESOME bloggers! The truth is we are far too busy for this (and not good enough spellers!) but we need an outlet for all of our creativity and funny stories. Hopefully they are funny to someone besides us!

As I write my first blog lots of thoughts are going through my head. Should I be sweeping the kitchen floor? Or working with Medium on her colors (I think she knows them just refuses to say them properly because she thinks it's funny)? Cleaning out my closet or grocery shopping perhaps? Does anyone care what I have to say? Does this glorify God? Am I going to leave out tons of words? What makes my brain do that by the way? Anyhoo, here I sit with Small sleeping and Medium parked in front of the TV, Large is playing with the little girls next door hoping to score some more "Hamma Bontamma" cake. What I probably should be doing is taking a nap! Small has something against sleeping through the night. So, yes, it has been 5 LONG months since I have had a decent nights sleep! I should be glad I can still form a sentence. One of my good friends told me not long ago that some countries use sleep deprivation to torture prisoners of war. This comment fascinated and comforted me somehow. Was I proud to endure that same type of torture as war heros? Inspired by if they could do it than so can I? Maybe, but I have pretty much told everyone who will listen about that story since he told me, sorry y'all maybe this will get it out of my system! There are three more things that bring me inspiration and comfort when I think I will not survive through another day of these penguins without proper sleep.
-Michelle Duggar- When she only had 3 or 5 or 7 kids and no TV show there must have been days she wanted to pull her hair out, right? Is she always so calm and happy and focused? Does she ever just scream at any of those kids? The answers don't really matter I guess.....
-My sweet sweet Hubby- He works so hard for us. He really tries to give me a break when I am just about to lose my mind. And he understands and let's me vent....usually!
-Counting my blessing. How many people in this world give anything to have 3 beautiful, sweet, and healthy children? Tons, even if they have to live through it on no sleep! Thank you, God!!

PS- answers to any questions posed here today will be appreciated! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Holly,

    In answer to your questions:
    1. No...my motto is, unless guests are coming, only clean what touches your face. Then again, there are the penguins...
    2. No, she is a penguin, and therefore, crafty. You must trick her into saying her colors correctly. We will come up with a plan, mwah ha ha ha.
    3. Only if you are cleaning out your closet so that you can fit yumminess from the grocery store in there.
    4. I do! I do! :)
    5. I certainly don't think it takes away any of His glory.
    6. I didn't notice any. If you did, my brain filled them in. So, what does that mean? :)
    5. Because I just gave you an overdose of sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Holly,

    I don't have all the answers to your questions. However, I can tell you that your sweet little penguins may have come by their craftiness honestly! When I used to babysit for you and Lisa, I remember one particularly HOT day (sorta like today) that you all locked me out of the house and waved and smiled the sweetest smiles to me from the window. Only when the ice cream truck came down the street did Lisa unlock the door.....blessings? It was that day!(moral of that story? always have a key in your possession!) Enjoy your Animal house each and every day! Before you know it, it will be an empty house. When my kids were little and learning letters, colors etc, if I said the WRONG answer, they were only to quick to point out my mistakes... usually in front of others, kids are loving like that! I love that you can record their life like this! We didn't have all this technology when my kids were little. One day they'll look back and smile!

    ReplyDelete