Saturday, June 12, 2010

A REAL date

Since I started the blog I have been searching for things in my life that I feel are worth writing about. And it didn't take long for me to realize that things happen in our life everyday that could make the front page of any tabloid mag or the headline story on Americas Funniest Home Videos...
The day after I started the blog it seemed like things were either A) happening just so that we could write about em or B) we just looked alil closer now. I caught myself asking Holly, "oh oh can I write about that, can I, can I, please, please. And the funniest thing is.. I hate writing, go figure. But this entry is special to me, and here is why.....
I knew all week that Holly had planned a date for her and I. She planned the babysitter to watch ALL 3 kids.... (that's right a REAL date). A Band called the Upper East Side Big Band was playing at Dogwood Dell Friday night and one of Holly and my friends was playing a bone (trombone) in the band. A lil history, for those who don't know, Upper East Side is a 16 piece band, and in this case they were celebrating their album release "Abby road".
Holly knows how much I love the Beatles and Big Band/Swing music. So to combine them all... BINGO!!! So I get home on Friday. She has packed up "The bag of all bags". Sushi, red wine, hummus, celery, cucumber, carrots, wheat thins home made egg salad and cold beer and did I mention sushi!!
So to make a really long post a bit shorter. This was one of the most amazing dates I had ever been on... so picture this... sitting with your special someone.. in this case... Holly.... brisk evening air, a slight breeze, an amazing picnic style snack bag, blanket, not a cloud in the sky, sun setting behind us and amazing music.. singing together, sitting all close to one another, laughing, people watching (yes we love to people watch) and enjoying every minute together.
So to Holly, "thank you", the evening was amazing, no kids, no worries, just you, me, laughs, songs, a cool breeze in the summer air and the sun setting behind us listening to Beatles done Big Band....

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I love you two. I'm glad you got some time for yourselves. Will have to check out this band!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stefan DemetriadisAugust 4, 2010 at 5:39 PM

    Was great having you guys out! Let's try and do something soon!

    ReplyDelete