Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Letter to My Big Girl! (better late than never)

My summer has been a little crazy. Not in a bad way but in the you would expect with a 4yo, a 3yo, and a 1 1/2 yo. When I did have time to blog I chose to hang out with my hubby, or my girls, or (gasp) read. Perhaps I was too tired to even move my fingers, whatever. 11 days late on my birthday letter is a new low...even for me! My Large had a birthday over Labor Day weekend. I CAN NOT believe she is 5!!! Why must she do that to me?? Why oh why?? Without further ado....

My Dearest Large,
Oh my baby is five!! I will never forget the day you were born. That is one of the most extraordinary moments of my life. You are getting so big, you are taller than most of your friends. And speaking of friends...you have developed some very close friendships over the past year. It is amazing to watch you be a friend and to love other people so wholly. Your friendships have positioned people much closer to my heart than I expected! Sometimes it is very hard to let you go, but there are folks who love to spend time with you (which I totally get!) and you LOVE being with them. So I do, I let you go and forge some of your own relationships. Yay for your Mom!! People love to be with you because you are amazingly sweet and kind and thoughtful and appreciative. Your smile lights up your face and my heart. I love love love how you are so fiercely protective of Medium and Small. Apparently you believe that you are the only one allowed to torment Medium. You are always ready to help and still (by far!) the best listener (don't tell Meds and Small I said so!) and I really appreciate that my sweet girl. You are still relatively shy with adults but very friendly with other children. I am not sure how many ways I can apologize to you for having to be the only quiet person in a family full of loud mouths. There is nothing I can do about it and it's not too noticeable yet so I'm going to say 'I'm so sorry' now. [Any of you only-quiet-person-in-a-family-full-of-loudies out there please think of my girl!] Because I am pretty sure the day is coming when you will stomp up the stairs wishing the rest of us would go away and give you some space! But until then I will give you all the 'mom blankets' and snuggles that you ask for and I'll carry you 'like a baby' anytime you're too tired to walk. You ARE MY baby and I love you the moon and back. I love your soft nose and your sweet cheeks, your squishy tushy, your corn on the cob and your chicken legs! I love your laugh, your sweet smile, your need for order and to collect things, that you're a great singer, and that you still get excited about everything. I am so proud of you for being more brave than you used to be, for being more flexible than I expected, and for working hard on using your words. I can't imagine loving you more than I do today, but I am pretty sure next year I will!!
Love You Forever and Like You for Always, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment